Friday, March 2, 2012

1:3 miniature subway sandwich and WIP photos, 1st of 3 posts today!




prepare yourself for 3 posts!!! :P i've got lots to catch up on, and am trying to make my posts chronological. Originally i'd wanted to make it all in 2 posts (one is a special feature ^ ^ ) but i think it'll get messier than my blog usually is..so...here goes!

this 1:3 miniature subway sandwich was a request i think around chinese new year? but my customer said there was no rush, and so i worked on some other requests first (re: previous posts) and although i got this done maybe 3 weeks ago(?) i never found the time to update.
the cookies that i made an even longer time back is part of the same request. :X


meanwhile, he added another item to the request, but i messed it up :( it's been a while since i made a 'fail' post eh??? that doesn't mean i haven't been mucking up, just means i haven't the time to dwell upon them XD so if you can't see it, it's the bleeding of the acrylic paints into the cream :( ah well. the real life stuff does 'bleed' too, but i'm just not satisfied and will have to give it another try. however, this again has been delayed another week cos i got myself another horrific sinus infection last week, and got myself another 7-day course of antibiotics -_-"""" on day 5 now, and it's clearing up well, i'm glad the antibs are still effective :P



i also haven't really been putting up WIPs, mainly because i haven't been working on any personal projects, but maybe you'd be keen on seeing some WIP photos i took for my customers. here are 1:24 jelly cups for a special request.

prototypes before i put on the labels 



yep i designed the labels myself! they took a while but eh, you already know i work slooowwwwwleeeeeeee...*blinks*
approx 3mm at widest. they could work as smallish 1:12 jelly cups too huh! for those who are curious, i made the cups using the vacuumform method i've mentioned before - here - actually built a new and sturdier box (version 3 o.O) but i forgot to take pics of it -_-"

gah.

which reminds me. the delay was mostly due to a wonky camera. it glitched while i was taking photos of swap items i received maybe 3 weeks ago?!?! which is coming up in the next post!!! but here is a photo of the new special effect my old camera is now ONLY capable of doing.


i panicked the whole of monday last week, i was trying to decide between getting a new camera (which i can ill afford, not even a cheapo one) and having the glitched one repaired. meanwhile, i called my brother to see if he had a spare camera he could loan me, and i made my way down to the Sony repair centre. oh man. the guy quoted me repair fees of $40, and additional charges for replacement parts. seeing as how it would cost me anywhere from $50-$150, i would have as easily gotten a NEW and BETTER camera for the price of the repair!!! i told my brother this and he told me to forget it, and that i could have his old camera :O :O :O
it's pretty awesome! it even has a "SUPER MACRO" mode XD but this also means i have been struggling to try and re-learn how to shoot with this one....yep, expect more whiny posts about my crappy photos....:X


(speaking of crappy photos, here's a coupla cute pics i took with my -old Nokia N95 phone- of Eva sleeping on her back, i seldom get a chance to take pics of her she gets all up in my face whenever i try...)
which leads us to....


MY NEW PHONE! not only did Ben lend me his old camera, he passed me his old iphone 3GS! hwa hwa hwa!! so apart from these mishaps, you now know why i've been MIA, those iphone apps are.....@ @ (come, play DrawSomething with me :P you can download the free version :D ) huhuhuhuuu~~! and of course i'm still playing triple town.....:)





armed with my 'new' camera, i took photos of the 1:24 tea box sets.....some of you might have seen pics of some of my above works on my deviantArt account, flickr or facebook page (please 'like' it if you haven't already! i update there sometimes if i don't have time to blog...)

ok this has dragged on a little long, time to get back to what i'd been meaning to photograph when the SONY DSC-S950 finally gave out. i miss it already but it has served me well the past almost-3 years!!

ON TO MY NEXT POST FOR TODAY

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! :D